Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Snickers.... No, Doritos.... No...

I like Ian Rankin. His books are smart and different, and not precious. And he's funny.

After reading this interview in The Guardian, I like him even more. He shall be my mentor.

One great question, and then, I'll link to the article so you can also smile and nod and rub your chin and then, become melancholy because you (me) will never be this clever:

What's the biggest myth about being a novelist?

That we're introspective, sensitive souls and have arcane knowledge. I used to think that: whenever I heard that someone had taken 10 years to write a novel, I'd think it must be a big, serious book. Now I think, "No – it took you one year to write, and nine years to sit around eating Kit Kats."


Read the rest here.

1 comment:


  1. Hello Guys some days ago i found a real free dating site.It is 100% secure.Mostly Online dating sites and there services are fake.But i have registered in a datingsites1.tk site where mostly people interact with girls for there personal relationship. That is why i'm sharing with you. what are you waiting for?
    So enjoy
    free dating

    ReplyDelete