Step one is admitting you have a problem. So here goes:
I am a book junkie. I love books. I buy them whenever I can. They are the only things that I will not say 'no' to when my girl asks to buy one. I purchase no less than 10 a year.
That's not the problem. The problem I have is this: I don't have enough time to read them. Woe, oh, woe is me, right?
Perhaps I should make a list of those books I aim to read over the year, you say?
Great idea. Here's goes (in no particular order, and maybe just the first 8):
1. Jump at the Sun - Kim McLarin
2. Tethered - Amy MacKinnon
3. The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao - Junot Diaz
4. Mercy - Toni Morrison
5. Finish In the Woods - Tana French
6. Finish The Monster of Florence - Douglas Preston
[note: both of those books were interrupted by the awesome Jim Jones book]
7. The Suspicions of Dr. Whicher - Kate Summerscale
8. Glyph - Percival Everett
But you know what will happen? My eye will wander and I'll stumble upon something irresistible and that will be that. Sigh - I'm a book slut.
What's on your list? What type of book will make you stray?