Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Brain. Dead. Awrhghwh.

So. Tired. Zombie bit me. Am slowly turning. Into... undead.

Seriously, though? My brain is a bit oogy. I finished my WIP (and thanks if you've read the first two chapters I posted here), and just had a birthday party for my daughter and finished kindergarten applications and then there's all this rain and cold. Motivation is at a zero.

What's a writer to do when the brain hurts and you're too tired to care?

Read!

And already, I've gone astray from the list I posted earlier. I'm currently reading Gorky Park by Martin Cruz Smith. I've always been a little fascinated with Russian or Russian-related literature. Actually took a course in college.

Back to the theme, though, of zombies. If you like zombies, read Max Brooks' World War Z. It's like a documentary on the page.

If you haven't heard, some enterprising writer is publishing Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Jane Austen with Zombies. Published in May. That's how I like my classics.

What do you do when your brain is as soft as poi?

No comments:

Post a Comment